Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

my whirlpool fridge freezer is making noises. They are not

my whirlpool fridge freezer is making noises. They are not constant noises, but when they occur they sound like a creaking door slowly shutting.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
This is the metal and plastic inside the machine expanding and contracting with the temperature changes.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to stop it.
Loud cracking is another symptom of this and you may find this starts later.

Sorry, it's not a fault.

As it doesn't happen constantly it would suggest it's happening during the defrost and refreeze period.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is there anything i can do to confirm this,..... and quieten it,........and is it the start of a bigger problem. Ive had the freezer for 6 years and it has only started doing this. thank you............

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
There's nothing you can do, the plastic is constantly warming and cooling, it's now getting brittle.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is this going to get worse? will it reduce the working ability of the freezer? is it dangerous to leave. Thank you..........

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is this going to get worse? will it reduce the working ability of the freezer? is it dangerous to leave. Thank you....

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Yes, it will get louder and you may get the cracking noised I referred to earlier.

No it will still freeze.

No it's not dangerous.