Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Hi I have a Rangemaster SxS fridge freezer which we had installed

Hi I have a Rangemaster SxS fridge freezer which we had installed 5 years ago with the water filter connected and placed to one side in a cupboard as suggested in the manual. The water filter pipes have popped out 4 or 5 times since we've had it flooding our kitchen and the cupboard. The time before last we decided not to bother connecting it again as it was clearly an issue we couldn't work out, but then decided to try it again and taped the connections together this time, it held for at least a year but popped off again 6 months ago. I had called Rangemaster after the 2 nd time it happened and they said they'd never heard of this happening and we must have fitted it incorrectly, so we moved it, reduced the water flow into it by turning the shut off valve a little to close it and boxed it in a little to protect it from getting knocked. Have you heard anything about this before and have you got any suggestions for what we can do now?
,any thanks!
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Are the tubes push fit into connectors?

If you could post a photograph of the filter unit and the pipes it would help.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi yes that's right they are push fit, I'll see if I can work out how to add a photo but it's not obvious to me here?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
If you upload to www.mediafire.com or similar, and post the link here I'll be able to see them.

I've never had the tubes popping out of the push fit barrel connections.
However, you may have a bad filter unit that has bad connectors fitted.

I'll see once the photographs arrive.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok here are the photos, hope it helps. Annoyingly I can't get the gaffa tape off the connector you can see in the picture as I can't fully get to the pipe. I could probably try and get the whole thing out but it would have to be this evening?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/rpsanhr74alb375/image(2).jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/8q1aug0xugwb87i/image.jpg

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

I see the problem is with the tap adapter. It isn't gripping the tubing, so it's popping out.

There a couple of things to try, the main one being to obtain and fit a new tap adapter and to make sure the tubing is of the correct size for the adapter.

The alternative is to use some silicon sealant or plastic glue to join the tubing and the adapter together.
Once cured, it won't pop out of the joint.

The filter end looks to be screwed on and should be fine.

If you find an adapter that has the same connection as the filter end, this would be the better option as the screw on connections tighten onto the tubing.

Try it out, you have a couple of options.
You can get a kit for around £11 on Ebay with the new tubing and connectors. (although they all look to be push fit connectors).

Check it out, get back to me if you need more help on this.

Hope this helps