Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Siemens washer WXLM 126GB/27 May 2006 Fabric softener remains

Siemens washer WXLM 126GB/27 May 2006 Fabric softener remains in centre dispenser drawer after completion of cycle,--similar volume as loaded but water-diluted. This is a new problem after 8 yrs. of exemplary service. What am I able to do to be rid of this issue, as thorough cleaning of the removeable drawer has shown no improvement? Many thanks. A Fullelove
Email [email protected]
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
This is normally caused by mould blocking the water path to the conditioner compartment.

How are your diy skills and tool kit?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

DIY skills were OK , but older now =less skill + poor toolbox! Skill therefore very limited. Advise.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

Shame really as it's a fairly easy repair but does need quite a bit of work to get the top of the dispenser out.

You could try using a length of garden tying wire or strimmer wire.
Take the drawer out.
Look at the holes above the conditioner compartment position (when the drawer would be in place).

Poke the wire into the hole and along the waterway.
Try to rod out the waterway and see if that clears the problem.

The alternative is to get someone in to take the dispenser top out of the machine and clean it in the sink.

Try it out, see how it goes and get back to me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks for your advice, didn't think that mould could be the issue, but inconvenient to try solution right now, so will do later Happy with your service. How do I settle up with you & sign off?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
It's a very common fault I'm afraid and it's the detergent/softener that splashes up onto the holes.
Once it starts growing, it spreads.

You'll be surprised when/if you see the dispenser top out and taken apart.

Good luck with the cleaning, just post here if you find you need more help with this.

If you rate my answer positively, your question thread should remain open.