Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

My beko drcs68s stops running after 1-2 minutes, all lights

My beko drcs68s stops running after 1-2 minutes, all lights are normal, the drum does heat up.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
If you select a timed program, does it still do this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it does. It didn't used to. Before it tended to be when i selected extra dry it would be at its worse. Now tho it seems to have deteriorated to when I used a timed program also. When I tried it last it did it on every program type I tried.

Previously turning it off at the mains and resetting as well as changing the program type worked but not now.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, if it's doing it on timed programs it would suggest it's a control board fault.

If it was just on sensor dry, it would be a sensor at fault.

Sorry, I've no test to prove this so I'll opt out and open it to all again.

See if anyone has a test program that will narrow the fault down.

Sorry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

cheers buddy

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Per your problem I would like for you to try 2 things
1] Double check the child lock ... Press and hold the 2 buttons on the front control panel and keep then held for 10 seconds. See if it works again

If not then thry this;
2] remove the plastic cover at the bottom right hand sideand you will see the condenser. In the top corner you will see that 1 of the clips is red. Make sure this is locked up. If it is pull it down and push it back up again and see if you can hear a clicking noise as you do this.

Please let me know what you find out.

Gary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Gary,

Just tried what you suggested and no joy. The red arm was connected properly and the child lock has been played with. Control board needs replacing??

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for getting back. Well at this point I'm sorry to say that indeed the board needs to be replaced. The suggestion I gave you was your last ditched effort as it were in saving you from an expensive repair. If you have any other questions please ask. I wish you the best.

Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience: 25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances