Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

meile d/w g7855 keeps empting after the cycle has finished

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer ..

Gary :

Is there any kind of error code showing? Also I'm going to move this to Q&A so we can have more time to work on your problem. Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no error code...

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

No error code ... interesting. OK, then can you please describe what this machine is or isn't doing. I understand it is draining water after the cycle, but is it after the "end" cycle or is it draining after each cycle like from wash to rince? After it does that, then what happens? Does it sit dormat? Any code then? Lights flashing? What about the warning buzzer. going off? The more you can describe to me what's going on, the better I can assist you with. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the /dw goes through ok , but at the end it makes a continuous bleaping noise the just starts to carry on empying, and no error codes, no lights flashing, nothing to help in the diagnoises...

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. The problem with your dishwasher is that it's in "flood mode". What that means is that water has worked it's way down into the base pan below the dishwasher tub causing the unit to do nothing but drain. This is normally caused by the drain being clogged or too many suds in the tub causing the tub to overflow a bit. Either way, you'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45 degree angle to drain the water out of the base pan. Be sure to put a towel under the dishwasher first so that the water is soaked up in the towel instead of going all over the floor. You can also tip the dishwasher backwards and remove the 4 screw going into the bottom access panel, then the water in the base pan can be dried out that way as well.Once you've drained all the water out of the base pan, reinstall the dishwasher and pour a gallon of water in the dishwasher. If it drains it out right away and doesn't wash or refill, you still have water left in the base pan to try again, otherwise you're good to go.

Now if you don't want to do all this work just to get your dishwasher working again and you have time, let the dishwasher just sit unused for a week and the water in the base pan will evaporate as time goes on and the dishwasher will start working again after a week.

If the issue comes back, you'd likely need a technician or you can try to track down the leak itself, but that is not an easy task. If you have any other questions, please ask. I wish you the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no sorry already checked that, their are no leaks or the flood system is dry and ok, their is no water in the base...

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Well this is rather odd ...Have you checked the float switch? This will also give you the same problems. Please let me know. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes, checked eveything i can think of....

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Well, If you metered out the float switch (making sure it was working properly) and you found no water in the base pan, and you cleaned out the pump, drain and all of that, then the only thing left would be the drain pump curcuit in the main program controller unit. For some reason it is keeping it there and in doing so there is no logic feedback to cut the power off. This being said, it looks like you need a new board. There is nothing else left to check. I wish you the best.
Gary, Handyman
Experience: 25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances