Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Door to Fride BR15a only opens a quarter

Customer Question

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi, and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

If you have no frost built up from the inside of your door, then it would be the plastic bushings that are used with the hinges. This should help you - Remove the upper hing use a star head screwdriver to remove the screws and the hinge should lift out ... the bottom should just lift out from the hing. It should be sitting on a "pin". Upon removal look for any kind of plastic pieces. There should be two (2) parts, a bushing and a flat washer. If everything is there, work each hinge independently ... if one is bad, you will find out. There should be no other movement (side to side or up and down) other than the direction the hinge is design to move. Please let me know what you found out. I'm going to move this to Q&A so we can have more time to work on your problem. Gary