Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I need to replace the drive belt on my bosch classic condenser

I need to replace the drive belt on my bosch classic condenser dryer wtl6003gb but the side panels are welded to the base making access difficult, how should I do it ?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

On this model you will need to remove the top of the dryer ... After you unplug this unit, you can take a small bar and in the corner place the bar just under the top lid. The top is held together by snaps, so from the front two corners carefully pry upwards ... After you have released the front, gently lift upwards and the back are either on a hinge or snaps. If on hinges, it'll lift backwards and you can lean it against the wall or on a chair. If on snaps, remove the top and set aside ... From there you can see the inside of the dryer and if you look where the panels come together you can see that there are screws holding it ... what you will need to do is unhook the electrical harness for the circuit boards and set aside because you will need to take off the front panel ... when the panel is removed, the dryer drum is just sitting in there on a cradle system ... you should be able to lift the drum out ... Here you will have access to the motor and tension bar ... remove the old belt and string in the new one ... pay attention on how the belt loops because the tension bar will need to do it's job in keeping the belt snug ... Once you have the belt strung around the motor and tension rod, bring it up and around the drum by sliding it onto the back part of the drum to start, and as you reset the drum into the cradle, you can work the belt onto the drum ... you will see clearly just where the belt goes because there should be wear marks around the drum where the belt rides ... After you finish installing the belt, turn the drum over to make sure it rides where it suppose to, and that the tension rod is keeping the belt tight ... If everything is good, you can start to put your machine back together starting with the last thing you remove and work backwards as you took off parts ... before you know it, your job is done. ***added note *** Keep an eye on the dryer vent ... you might have to remove it prior to taking the front panel off. If you have any questions please ask ... I wish you the best Gary