Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Hi ThereI have a Avantgarde dishwasher, which is about

Hi There I have a Siemens Avantgarde dishwasher, which is about 7 years old, but it has stopped working. The lights are on and its make a slight noise but no water is coming through. We have cleaned everything as manual says and tried switching off power, but still nothing. The lights are on but it doesn't count down. recently would stick at 1 minute before. Not sure if we need a new pump or aqua stop? Look forward to hearing from you Kind regards Helene

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi Helene, and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

That noise you hear, is it like a humming sound? Also I'm going to switch this to Q&A so we can have more time to work with your problem. Please let me know. Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Gary

It a gentle whirring gurgling sound.....

Helene

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Gary

Helene

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Gary

Helene

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

thank you for the reply. May I please have the model number of your unit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Gary

Apologies, busy weekend. its the Siemens Avantgarde :

9000 006 813 (8401)

Helene

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
Hi Helene,

Thank you for your reply. I think I narrowed it down to your float switch which senses the water level. The noise you hear is the pump discharging water. I believe the switch is stuck, and is keeping the pump active. You can access it by removing the left hand side panel. There are two screws on the front door lip. The back panel is just hooked in. This will expose all of the pipes in your machine. Also you should see a red float in the chamber. That would be your float switch. It is either stuck (like most) but don't rule out if its bad. Since the machine is 7 years old, this would be a likely canidate for needing to be replaced.

Please let me know what you find out, if youhave other questions, or in need of assistance, please ask. I wish you the best.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Gary

That is really helpful advice and will try this tomorrow. Before we take it apart ...I forgot to mention, there is no water coming in.... could it be anything do do with the pump/hose on back of machine?

Helene