Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My Bosch disher fails to respond to power being turned on.

Customer Question

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Can you post the E-Nr number of the appliance please?
It should be very faintly etched across the top of the inner door.

Is it free standing or integrated?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sg146m65gb/01
Or 017080244880001328
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.
I am assuming you have a decent tool kit and a multimeter.

If you have checked power is getting into the appliance, you'll need to now check the on/off switch and the main control board.

Unplug the appliance.
Take the facia panel off.
Check the on/off switch is working properly.

If ok, take the control box out of the door and take the circuit board out.
See if there's any obvious damage.

Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sadly your assumptions are wrong. I don't have a multimeter. Itis an integrated model so I cannot easily get at the innards.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
The facia is on the front so it's easily got at.
However, if you are unable to test anything, you can only visually check. This isn't recommended as you could be buying parts you don't need.

Most likely cause is the control board.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have removed the main facade but the top panel is resistant to removal and is the part which conceals the switches.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, don't quite understand your post.

Main façade?
You only need to remove the facia panel, where the controls are.
Have you take the screws out? Look on the side of the door.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I removed what in the original documentation is disc ribbed as the facia. It reveals some of the switches. Unfortunately, the top section of the facia, a separate panel conceals the functional switches. It is these I cannot access as I can find no means of removing it. I have removed all the visible screws and attempted some gentle leverage to no avail.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, sorry, I don't follow this at all.
When all the screws are removed, the inner panel comes out.

I'm afraid I'll have to opt out of the question as I don't have the service manual at home to see if there are pictures to help you.

Perhaps someone else will have service information to help.

Sorry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hang fire. I have found two invisible screws and have removed the facia!
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, just have a look at the control board, see if there's obvious evidence of a failure.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No evidence of failure

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, you're now stuck as you are unable to test anything.
Sorry, you'll need to get someone in to test the on/off switch and the continuity of the wiring in the appliance.

Either there's no supply to the machine or, the on/off switch has failed or the main board has failed.

Sorry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for trying. Much wasted time for all. Given that I had already deduced that it was an electrical fault and and almost certainly emanating from one of two switches I think your initial advice should have been not t proceed without access to a multimeter. To cap it all the door catch has been damaged in the attempt to remove the facia. So all in all a wasted and expensive experiment.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Read back.

I posted - "However, if you are unable to test anything, you can only visually check. This isn't recommended as you could be buying parts you don't need."

This isn't recommended should have stopped you unless you were happy to visually check things.

I've no idea how you managed to break the door catch taking out the facia.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm not blaming you for the door. On the matter of the visual check I think you could have put more emphasis on the fact that in the event of no obvious evidence of failure (which I suspect is highly likely) your ability to help ceases. I suspect I would have stopped there and sought hands on assistance from a man with a meter. But as I said, thanks for trying.

Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Is there any other issues with power in the kitchen? All the outlets are working?