Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

2 screws which hold on the side grid have snapped off, how

2 screws which hold on the side grid have snapped off, how do I get the bits out that are stuck in the oven
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi, and thank you for using Just Answe

Gary :

I'm going to switch this to Q&A so we can have more time to address your problem. In order for me to get an idea of what you are looking at, can you please provide me with the model number thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Kenwood KCB 300,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Kenwood KCB 300

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for replying back. Just to confirm, we are talking about the inside - side panel ... correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes inside where the racks that hold up the shelves are

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Again thank you for replying back. I don't know how to say this, but removing these broken screws isn't going to be an easy job. There are only two options you have and not knowing how mechanical you are it's going to take a bit of doing.

Option 1 - You can remove the panel where the scres are and drill them out from inside the oven. This being said, you will have to be straight with the broken screw. Less of the wto evils, but if you happen to be a big person, room working inside is going to be a challenge.

Option 2 - You're going to have to remove the outside panel of this oven to gain access to the broken screws. If your oven is a "built in" then it will require you to pull it out. Once you have the side panel out, then you should be able to grab the screws and finish turning them through using a vice-grip. This will save you from damaging the screw hole. For an exploded view of your oven, you can go to www.4kenwood.co.uk and put in your model number.

Outside of the above two options, you can always call in a service man. Before you start, it is always a good idea to turn the power off. Please let me know, and if there is anything else I can do please let me know. I wish you the best.