Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Our American style fridge freezer is causing us problems. The

Our American style fridge freezer is causing us problems. The fridge keeps beeping, and will not settle at 4°. It runs through the cycle of 2,4,6,8 and will not set at 4°. We have checked that the door is shut properly. This has now been happening for 4 hours. There are 4 bars lit up on the lights above the temperature number.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

Can I please have the model number of your unit? Also I'm going to switch this to Q&A so we can have more time in dealing with your problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Any idea where that would be on a beko ? It's not a small fridge/freezer.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

the model and serial number for your fridge should be inside of the fridge on the left side mid way down. It is a stcker form and has BEKO on it. On this sticker it will have information regarding this unit. If you look underneith the black bold line the model number should be straight under the "O" in Beko. Please let meknow. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry it has taken some time, the info was worn a bit with use. Model no. AB 910W I hope this helps.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for getting back. Now that I have your fridge, can you tell me if a code comes up? Or is "4" the code you show. Do you see is as an "E4" or no?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No codes showing, it has a set button for fridge min temp. I try to set temp to 4c but it will not hold the number, it beeps & changes the number to 2, 6, 8 etc on its own.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Thank you now I have a better understand. This is going to take a bit, so I'll have an answer for you tomorrow. See you then.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, the fridge is still doing it's scroll through the numbers thing. It's just like someone is stood by the fridge pushing the set button.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Well your American Fridge isn't American. Beko are made in Turkey, and do not do business in America. So with that being said, this is why it took me awhile to get things figured out. So I do apologies for the wait.

As for your fridge, this is about as unusual as they get at times. Meaning this problem very rarely happens. In short, the control button is stuck in position so all it's doing is what you said. To explain why it's unusual is because there is no moving parts in the control board so therefore there should be nothing to "jam" or "stick". I'm guessing what happened was during the setting, it got pressed to hard, or something to that effect and the board cracked to some extent and is holding in this position. Either that or you have a ghost in your house who thinks you have nothing better to do and came up with a way to drive you nuts.

In short, this board needs to be replaced. Please note that these boards can be expensive, so if it'll hold to another number like 6, leave it and go about your business. It won't hurt the fridge any. If you have any other questions, please ask. I wish you the best.

Gary

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Smile

OK thanks, ***** ***** monitor it & see what happens or call an excorcis.