Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

What is the best way to get rid of mould on washing machine

Customer Question

What is the best way to get rid of mould on washing machine door seal
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Bleach should have killed the mold spores. If you wipe the seal with bleach and water then about 10 minutes later wipe with a dry rag and do the same to the inside drum. Leave the door open overnight. In between washes it is best to leave the door open to prevent mold issues.

JACUSTOMER-hqn7uvwm- :

How many times will we have to do this procedure? It apears to be having no effect

canuck the pro :

If it is only on the door seal and if you can remove it then soaking it in water and vinegar would clear it.