Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457
Appliance

have a miele upright cat and dog which has been working perfectly..yesterday

i was using it and... Show More
i was using it and it suddenly stopped working and a red light appeared and the vacuum turned off? help please
Show Less
Gary, Handyman
replied 2 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

It could be 1 of 2 problems ... 1]The vacuum cleaner has overheated. The temperature limiter automatically turns the vacuum cleaner off. ...This can occur if large articles block the suction tube, when the dust bag is full or contains particles of fine dust. A heavily soiled exhaust or dust compartment filter can also be the cause of overheating. To Fix: Turn the vacuum cleaner and Power brush off and pull the plug from the outlet. ... Check for any blockages and allow the vacuum cleaner to cool for 20 - 30 minutes.

Gary :

2] The blockage protection feature has been activated. This can occur if enough threads wrap around the beater bar or if a large or long object has been vacuumed up. To Fix: Turn off the Power brush, then switch off and unplug the vacuum Cleaner. ... Remove the blockage. The vacuum cleaner is now ready for use

Gary :

Please give these a try. If this doesn't work let me know and we can take the next step. Also I'm going to move this to Q&A so we can have more time to work on this problem if need be. Again please let me know. I wish you the best

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

have let it cool down and have removed debris from roller...it now works for 5 minutes and then switched itself off and the red light appears again...have tried this again and again and its always 5 minutes and then stops...at least its letting me do a room at a time lol...where else can i check for blockages...i know this sounds daft but i am not very technical when its comes to hoovers as you can probably guess by now! thanks

Gary, Handyman replied 2 years ago.
Did you clean out the suction hose?

Here are the instructions for that; 1]Click the vacuum cleaner into the full upright position. 2]Press the release button on the telescopic wand and remove the handle fron the suction hose. 3] Guide the swivel elbow at the end of the suction hose over the catch hooks, to increase the stability the vacuum cleaner. 5] with the hose laid out straight, and shine a flashight inside the hose. You should see light come out the otherside. If not, then there is blockage, and the next step would be to use a broom handle and push it through to remove the blockage. Once the handle is through, pick up the hose, and stand it upright over a garbage can for the blockage and dirt to fall into..

From there I want you to open the service flap on the bottom rear of the vacuu cleaner. 1] with a coin or screwdriver, undo the two screws until they stop. 2] pry open the service flap free. 3] clean it out and put everything back together.

Please let me know what you find out. Thanks