Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322
Appliance

Hi, We have a kenwood dishwasher - KDW243A/A and every time

we turn it on for... Show More
we turn it on for the last 2-3 months it doesn't wash everything properly and E3 is showing on the cycle number when it's finished? It seems to take about 4 gos before it washes everything properly,any ideas what is happening with it??
Show Less
replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
When it's working, is the water getting hot?

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Yes, you can feel the heat out of it when you open the door...

Techdesk, Service Engineer replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
That's strange as your machine is registering a time out heating.
Without heat, it won't wash properly.

Do you feel the heat when it registers the E3 or only when it completes a program?

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Only when it completes the programme… It beeps at the end of the cycle for about 5 mins also to let you know that the wash is over but usually it would only beep for about 30 seconds when it works correctly?

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,
OK, you have a heating circuit fault.

If it's only gets hot when it completes a cycle it would suggest you have a fault on the control board.

How old is the appliance?

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

It's about 6 yrs old now?

Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

The heater cannot be intermittently faulty, due to it's design, it's either ok or failed.

There could be a wiring problem where it's making and breaking so I'd suggest checking in the door where the wiring goes into the base, see if there's any broken wires.

If ok, take the control board out of the facia panel and check the solder joints.
Resolder any dry or burned joints.

Reassemble and try the machine again.

If everything tests and checks ok, and if there's no obvious cause or the fault, and resoldering the heater relay joints (resolder all the relays) doesn't cure it, you'll likely need a new control board.

Check it out, see what you find and get back to me.

hope this helps
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

I actually went home last night and ran the dishwasher again and I realised that it is not getting hot when the cycle is going through? Sorry, I presumed it was warm all along, does this change the issue with it now?

Thanks,

Audrey

Hiya,
The only difference it makes is the most likely fault is the element.
You'll need to test it with a multi meter to see if it's failed.
Check to see if there's a cut out thermostat at the underside right rear. If open circuit, that needs replaced.

Otherwise, if ok, it's check the control board as before.