Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I have a Ryobi PBC 30 strimmer, I have no spark, bought a new

Customer Question

I have a Ryobi PBC 30 strimmer, I have no spark, bought a new ignition module still no spark
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi, and thank you for using Just Answer.

Gary :

First thing, look at the switch to the ignition to ensure it is not chafing or grounding the ignition module. Second; Check the air gap between the ignition module and flywheel magnet surface. The gap should be 0.008 to 0.012 inch. If the gap is out of limits adjust to limits and test for spark. Also make sure the flywheel is free from rust, oil, and dirt. Thirdly; look to the spark plug, it could be that it's bad ... remember just because its new, don't mean much today. If non of these works out for you, please let me know. I wish you the best.