Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

When turned on our Siemens Porsche Kettle had a dic in the

When turned on our Siemens Porsche Kettle had a dic in the middle that turned blue and went out when watr boiled. Although the kettle still boils it no longer has the reassuring light. Can anything be done to restore it? It was reassuring if nothing else

Hilary
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi Hilary,

Gary :

Thank you for using Just Answer. Per your question, I'm sorry but there isn't anything that can be done. Either the bulb its self burnt out, or the senor that monitors the water telling the light to turn off failed. In either case, they make these kettles not worth fixing. For what it would cost today to have it fixed, you can get a new one with warrantee. I do understand the comfort level that it gives you unfortunately that's is just the way it is. If you have any other questions, please let me know. I wish you the best. Gary