Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I bought a sanyo pro x projector it was working for about 1/2

I bought a sanyo pro x projector it was working for about 1/2 an hour then no power seems to be getting to it ??
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

OK, lets get int prelims out of the way first; From start - plug your unit into an A/C outlet ... Make sure the READY indicator light is green ... Wait 90 seconds after the projector is turned off when turning the projector back on ... *NOTE* After pressing the power on/off button to off, make sure the projector works as follows; 1] The LAMP indicator lights bright, and the READY indicator is turned off. 2] After 90 seconds, the READY indicator lights green again and the projector can be turned on by pressing the power on/off button ... Check warning temp. indicator flashes red, the projector cannot be turned on ... Check the projection lamp. Please review these and let me know. If you still have failure we can continue. Gary

Customer:

cheers ***** ***** help ! No power light comes on at all

Gary :

Thanks, ***** ***** reply ... do you have a votage meter?

Customer:

No sorry

Gary :

Ok, well lets get this out of the way? Is there anything else plugged into the same out let as this projector?

Customer:

no

Customer:

there was when I got it earlier , I had my laptop and the projector on an extension lead

Gary :

Please unplug the projector, and plug in something else, like a lamp, anything that you know it works prior to plugging it into this outlet that the projector was plugged into

Customer:

I have done that

Gary :

So that outlet works ... correct

Customer:

yes

Gary :

ok, do you have another lamp for this projector?

Customer:

no

Customer:

..but I got told the power light would still come on even if the bulb had gone

Gary :

When this lamp went out, did you happen to feel it? Was it warm?

Customer:

I didn't even notice it had turned off , I run a pub and got caught up doing something else for 10 minutes,

Gary :

Well there is a reset switch under the lamp access panel ... if memory serves, there might be a few screws holding it in ... if you remove that panel, that switch should be right there ... All you need to do is press it back in. You should hear a click as it resets.

Gary :

This is a small switch just so you know

Customer:

I will try it ...one moment please

Customer:

cant seem to find it ..the front panel doesn't seem to want to come off

Gary :

It is where you would replace the lamp/bulb

Gary :

There should be one screw for the lamp cover ... 3 screws for the lamp assembly.

Customer:

I manages to take the back off and I found a bulb ..its in the centre facing the opposite way to the bulb at the front

Customer:

that's correct one for the cover 3 for the bulb fitting

Gary :

If this helps, you can also get at it by going in sideways under the board. The switch is quite obvious when you see it, and it doesn't need much pressure to reset it.

Customer:

im just trying to get into the casing the other way

Gary :

Ok

Gary :

So how is it going?

Customer:

absolutely nothing im afraid !! I appreciate your attempting to help me but ill have to get an electrician to check it out tomorrow as I have a pub and its for the football on Thursday

Gary :

I understand ... how new is this unit by the way?

Customer:

I don't know ..I bought it from a computer shop today ..so ill take it back tomorrow

Gary :

Good idea ... sorry for the trouble ... it can get aggravating I know ... Well we gave it a shot so no-one can't say you didn't try. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Other wise I wish you the best, ***** ***** game and please don't forget to rate my service so others will know.

Gary, Handyman
Experience: 25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances