Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

bosch exxcel 8 error code 61 - what does it mean and how do

bosch exxcel 8 error code 61 - what does it mean and how do I fix it
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

F61 error code is a door lock fault.

What you can try first if you haven't already unplug the washer and open the door and there you will see the door lock hole.

Just poke a screwdriver into the gap and wiggle it from side to side just in case the switch in stuck in there.

Then plug the washer back in and retry the washer and see what happens. If still the same then its either the door lock itself at fault or the control board. Now 8 times out of 10 its just the door lock at fault but if after replacing the door lock its still the same then its more then likely the control board at fault.

But try the above and see what you find as you never know that may cure it.

But the F61 error code is something to do with the door lock.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

door opens and closes fine - but there is a rattling sound from the machine when it is in operation

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Is the door locking?

Is the washer actually starting up ie filling with water and the drum turning?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I think I have sorted it now. I switched machine off at plug then back on. Put on drain programme (1 min) but still rattling - opened up the drain point and found 2 coins in there.

restarted it again - no noise, door opens and closes fine.

So I think that the E61 was probably the wrong code displayed.

I will put another load on tomorrow - and if problem still persists can I come back to you?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

No worries fingers crossed that's fine as if you found coins in there then that's probberly the cause.

So as it was a draining fault that would have given a different error cod then the 61 as that's related to a door problem.