canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

My daewoo American fridge freezer button for the water dispenser

Customer Question

My daewoo American fridge freezer button for the water dispenser seems to be stuck as the water keeps running,,so we have to turn off at main water supply
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today.

canuck the pro :

If you look behind the piece that you push the cup against to get water out there is a little button there that may be sticking. You may be able to lubricate that button. Only use silicone spray or water proof grease. Do not use any petroleum products or WD-40. Let me know if that solves the issue. If it does not we can certainly continue to communicate until the issue is resolved.

JACUSTOMER-5vvy0bmh- : The metal arm type switch is moving freely,,,as it is clicking and up until today was dispensing ice,,,ice has ran out,,
canuck the pro :

If you turned off the water supply then you will not have ice either. Did you try what I suggested to fix the leaking water dispenser?

JACUSTOMER-5vvy0bmh- : Haven,t sprayed anything as there are wires in there and the button is moving freely
canuck the pro :

If you do not feel that the button is sticking then the water valve is failing. The water valve will have to be replaced.

JACUSTOMER-5vvy0bmh- : So how do I do that
canuck the pro :

What is the model number of your fridge?

JACUSTOMER-5vvy0bmh- : FRA-U20DC...DRS30DSM
canuck the pro :

You would first order the replacement water valve. Access the back of the fridge and you will find where the water connects to the fridge and it is connected to the water valve. Turn the water off and disconnect the water. Turn off the power. Remove the bottom, back panel to access the valve. Take note of where the wires are connected to the valve. Remove the screws that anchor the valve. To disconnect the quick connect water lines, push the plastic sleeve in toward the connection and once the sleeve has pushed in and released the teeth, pull the water line out. take the wires off of the old valve one at a time and connect them to the new valve, connect the water lines and anchor the new valve.

JACUSTOMER-5vvy0bmh- : How much will a water valve cost and where would I get it..
canuck the pro :

I am unsure of the cost. The best way to go about it as far as ordering is to find a local appliance parts store and order from there. Have the model number and serial number of the fridge and they can order the correct part. I can say that it won't be a lot. If I were to guess I would say about £25

canuck the pro :

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?