Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Delonghi DFS901SS - advice on replacing oven selector switch

I've a Delonghi DFS901SS range cooker which is over 10 years old. Recently the Oven Selector switch does not always work and sometimes the oven cuts out once set. Looking online the selector switch is available for around £40 or £70 with a wiring loom. I've tried to find a service manual to work out what needs to be removed to gain access to the existing switch. How easy would this be for me to fix? For example do I need to remove the top and/or sides to gain access.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

To access the switch on these you need to remove the hob top and then you can remove the front control panel to access the switch.

To remove the top you need to remove all pan stands and burner caps.

Then remove all the screws round each burner.

Then look t the back and remove the screws at the back holding the hob top down.

Then I think from memory you need to remove the screws on the side rail which you will see.

Once all them screws are off you should be able to remove the hob top and you will see the switch from there.

Then with the hob top off you will see how to remove the control panel by removing the screws on the top and then remove the screws under the panel so open the doors and you can access them screws.

Im afraid there isn't a service manual on these as they don't produce them. Or if they do its factory use only.

So check the switch out first as usually you can just retag the wire rather then replacing the complete loom. That's what we do.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Daniel,

No need to reply to this you've already provided excellent info. I'll rate you the same in a moment.

Your clear instructions confirm that I'll need to move the cooker out of its location to access the back and sides to get the hob top off. I'd hoped, wrongly as you've now confirmed, that I might be able to get to the switch by removing just panels from the front. Glad I asked before unscrewing (just) the front panel and getting nowhere.

Thanks again.

Regards, J