canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

How do it the transit bars back into my Miele washing machine

Customer Question

How do it the transit bars back into my Miele washing machine - they won't go in the last 1" to lock?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today.

canuck the pro :

You have to turn it a quarter turn then it will push the rest of the way in.

canuck the pro :

There is a little tool that came with the machine. Do you still have it? It has a little hook on the end. The hook hooks into the little slot on the transit bar to make it easier to turn.

canuck the pro :

I believe the right hand transit bar will turn counter clockwise a quarter turn and the left will turn clockwise a quarter turn then they are locked. There will be a bit that is sticking out so that you can remove them.

JACUSTOMER-9tjweg55- :

Turning is not the problem - the bar only goes in as far as the second lug from the outer end. then stops. Like it's hitting something solid at the far end. I thought that the reduced diameter at the other end would fit into a hole? The second lug is halfway through the back panel so won't turn.

canuck the pro :

So they are not going in far enough for the wings to lock inside?

JACUSTOMER-9tjweg55- :

Yes that's correct. The bar has a double lug (one each side) on the end then a single lug about 1" further up the bar then a doulbe lug (same side) about 2 " up the bar. The bar only goes until the single lug is half in the back panel and won't go any further.

canuck the pro :

And turning the bar doesn't help line it up? Do you have an assistant? They should not be hard to put in so good job not forcing it. If you have your assistant turn the drum a bit it is hitting on the end of the anchor support that the lug locks behind.

JACUSTOMER-9tjweg55- :

I've tried having my assistant (aka the wife) turn the drum but that didn't seem to help - where is the anchor support that you refer to?

canuck the pro :

Inside the support port the wing of the lug locks behind it.

JACUSTOMER-9tjweg55- :

Does the other end of the bar fit into a hole in the front of the machine to support it that end?

canuck the pro :

I have to admit I am having a bit of trouble recalling some details as it has been a while since I moved one. I do know that the bar goes in far enough that the wings will lock in behind the tabs on the end you can see. I do remember having to turn the bar until it lined up with whatever is going on at the other end and then it went in the rest of the way without turning it any more then a quarter turn to lock it.

canuck the pro :

If you push in the one on the left then turn counter clockwise will it then eventually push in?

JACUSTOMER-9tjweg55- :

Well mine won't go in far enough on either side. It seems to be hitting something at the front end of the machine so the second lug isn't past the back panel of the machine so if I rotate the bar it still moves in and out which I'm sure is not right. I even tried filing the front end of the bar a bit to take the edge off to see if that made it easier to fit into a hole but still no success. Any other suggestions?

canuck the pro :

But you are turning it to try to line it up at the same time as trying to insert?

JACUSTOMER-9tjweg55- :

yes but the lug second from the end is only going half way through the back panel so I can't turn it.

canuck the pro :

Sorry I am not sure what is going on there. I will have to opt out and open to other experts.

JACUSTOMER-9tjweg55- :

hello, is anyone there????

canuck the pro :

I am sorry, I am going to opt out and open to other experts, ok? I am hoping another expert will reply very soon. I am just out of suggestions. Mike

JACUSTOMER-9tjweg55- :

Sorry guys, got fed up waiting.

canuck the pro :

I am sorry for the wait but did that translate to me providing poor service?