Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

How do I disconnect whirlpool american fridge freezer water

How do I disconnect whirlpool american fridge freezer water dispenser tubing connection
Jp
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Is this the connection below the door that you are referring to?

If not, can you explain what it is you are trying to work on?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is a tubing from the mains that supplies water to the water dispenser. There is a connection at the back which I think is called a push in link but I can't get it to come apart
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, the tubing on the rear going up and into the freezer compartment feeds the ice maker.

The water dispenser tubing is underneath, into the fridge, back underneath and then goes into the door via the bottom hinge of the freezer door.

The connectors had a disc at the end of them that the tube goes through into the connector.

Press the disc flat to the connector and you can pull the tube out.

Hope this helps
Let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The tubing diagram is on page 4 of this manual
http://www.whirlpool.com/digitalassets/WRL767SIAM/Use%20and%20Care_EN.pdf

I just tried to pull it out and it came away and flooded kitchen
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Which one did you disconnect?
Only the main feed would still have water coming through it and this screws onto a valve.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just pulled and the tubing came away. How do I unscrew valve
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
You are looking at the wrong thing.
Put back together what you've taken apart.

The diagram you linked me to shows the water dispenser tubing going through the hinge at the bottom of the freezer door, as I advised.

It's on the page advising on door removal, so that's the bottom hinge in picture 2.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes that's the one I pulled apart - the one at the bottom - how do I unscrew it?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
That doesn't unscrew.

If you disconnected the tube going to the water dispenser you shouldn't have had a flood as there's no pressure until you press the lever and it opens the inlet valve.

The tube simply pushes back into the connector.
It can only be removed by pressing the disc on the connector, as it shows in the picture.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still puzzled. Tubing at front of fridge goes straight through hinge and up. I don't see any disc or connector. Diagram I sent was obviously not for this model. Do I disconnect water at back, at front, or at connector?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Take the grille below the doors off.
You'll then see the connector for the tube.

I'm now puzzled as you said earlier you'd pulled the tube out of the connector.

I don't actually know what it is you are trying to achieve.
You asked how you disconnect the tube from the connector.
I advised on that.

You then mentioned the water dispenser so I advised that this is at the front of the machine.

What are you trying to do?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ive got anew fridge and they won't take away the old one until I disconnect the water supply.
Now I've taken the grill off I can see connector at last ta
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, you're at the wrong thing then.

What you actually need to do is pull the machine out.
Turn the water supply to the machine off.
Unscrew the connection at the bottom rear.

You didn't need anything to do with the dispenser, it's all at the rear of the machine.

Follow the tubing back to the house water pipework.
You'll find the isolating valve there.

Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK