Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a Hotpoint WMPF 742K washing machine and the programme

Customer Question

We have a Hotpoint WMPF 742K washing machine and the programme selector dial has just started turning with out selecting programmes , still washes ok on programme 5 ( the last one used ) but wont change , dial doesnt seem to be engaging
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer/ Pearl.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and we need information in order to be able to
help you solve your difficulties. The more information you give us the quicker we can help.
Is the dial just turning on its own even when the unit is supposed to be off?
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes , the dial just turns whether the machine is off or on , obviously it doesnt turn on it's own you have to physically turn it , but as you turn it , it now doesn't change the programme

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Dave sorry for the delay,
that is a bad timer.
There are contacts that make it move internally.
They can sometimes get stuck in that position because one will fuse itself to the other. The solution is easy and I will assist you.
You will only need a few basic hand tools as well.
The best place to get a new timer is Espares, listed below.
But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Dave and enjoy your Sunday!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888

After sales
0333 4007 888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have rated good service so hopefully I can speak with you again Michael at no extra cost

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Dave no additional cost I will be here to help.
Have a great day!