canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a Hotpoint WMUD962 washing machine 2.5 years old, frequently

I have a Hotpoint WMUD962 washing machine 2.5 years old, frequently gives fault code F05 (filter blockage), will not empty or do anything. I manually empty machine, disconnect power, check filter, no problems, then try to restart. Pump makes noise but will not do anything. Call out engineer, he resets machine and it works. The time between these episodes is getting less and less, last engineer actually fitted new parts, module and inlet valve, lasted less than a week this time. Can this be reset without having to call out someone, whilst I try to get them to replace it??
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. It should reset by holding the on/off button for about 3 seconds.

Customer:

Thanks, ***** ***** mention that I do this to enable me to get door open to empty machine. Thought there would be like a master reset without plugging a laptop in, as done by engineers!

canuck the pro :

So it still does not run? Are there any flashing lights? If so, will you count the flashes please?

Customer:

When it shows fault code F05 start button continually flashes along with other lights on panel. This stops when I disconnect from power.

canuck the pro :

Has anyone ever checked the drain hose for blockage?

Customer:

Yes

canuck the pro :

So even resetting with the on/off button does not turn off the code?

Customer:

Yes turns off code, but will not start on any programme. Door locks, clicks, motor down beside filter turns but nothing else happens.

canuck the pro :

Is it still full of water?

Customer:

Yes, I have to empty it manually with filter removed.

canuck the pro :

pull the washer out then unplug the power and get the drain hose and lower it into a bucket and gravity will drain the water out. Once the water is out remove the filter then look at the back were the filter goes and you will see the pump impeller X shape. Make sure there is nothing in there jamming the pump up. It should ping round in stages. If its stiff to turn the the pump needs to be replaced.

Customer:

Impeller is running freely, and no foreign bodies in or around it.

canuck the pro :

When you removed the hose and drained it did it seem to drain easily? Have you removed the hose and checked for any blockage at the hose connection?

Customer:

Hose was replaced in a previous visit from engineer.

canuck the pro :

I will have to opt out and open to other experts as I am out of suggestions.

canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience: Plumber
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes ,please continue.