Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Hoover electron 1100 which is not spinning at full

I have a Hoover electron 1100 which is not spinning at full power, the drum is turning, what is the likely cause for this?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also is it draining the water out ok?

Is the drum just turning slowly not building up into a fast spin?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is A3394-201 yes it's draining and yes turning not building up to a fst spin
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that. This is an old washer we don't see many of these no more lol

If the drum is turning still and the water is draining out but just no spinning then what you need to do is remove the back panel on the washer.

From there see if theres a plastic bottle clipped into the back of the drum. It will have a thin hose going to it.

Remove this bottle and give it a good clean out. As these used to block up so when the water drainied out the pressure switch thought it was full of water still when it wasn't so stopped it from spinning.

If there isn't a plastic bottle in the back of the drum it will be in the black sump hose going from the drum to the pump.

But if that is fine and it still isn't spinning then its probberly a faulty module board. If you look on the back in the bottom left corner you will see the circuit board. This controls the speed of the motor and tells it to either turn or spin fast. If they fail it can stop it from spinning so this will need to be replaced.

But as this is an old washer im afraid a lot of parts on these are obsolete now so it a case or either search for it through spares shop or a new washer.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.