canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

my television sharp aquos 46 broke this morning. It was fine

Customer Question

my television sharp aquos 46 broke this morning. It was fine to start with but when I put it on the second time the light went green for a few seconds and then red flashing. This happened a few times but now won't even go green. The red light is just flashing.
thanks
Peter
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. These televisions are notorious for having fault in the power supply. Are you going to repair yourself? If you are inspect the power supply for blown capacitors and if you do not see that then you will need to replace the power supply.

JACUSTOMER-a9cjkk7d- :

the power is getting thru because the red light is flashing

canuck the pro :

Yes but the power is not going to everything. The power supply is certainly at issue.

canuck the pro :

The power supply is not processing the power like it should. If you inspect as suggested and you are quite handy and can solder electronics you may be able to repair the power supply by replacing a blown capacitor but if you are a novice then replacing the power supply board inside the television will fix the issue.

canuck the pro :

When I refer to the power supply I am referring to the board inside not the cord that is plugged into the wall.