Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a diplomat adp 8234 dishwasher which has just stopped

I have a diplomat adp 8234 dishwasher which has just stopped working, it has power and the LCD programme timer panel initially shows what it normally shows , but then the PO display after 3 seconds changes to show the number 62 along with a continuous beep. This number is ***** shown up as an error code in the manual. I'm thinking the control unit is faulty ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok this dishwasher is made by Smeg and sometimes you can reset there control boards.

Try this and see what happens.

Switch off.

Switch on, don't wait for any lights.

As soon as you press the on button, press the programme button 4 times within 2 seconds.

The two end programme lights should come on flashing.

Press the programme button once.

The 1st light will go out.

The 5th light will continue flashing.

Switch off.

Wait 10 seconds.

Switch on.

Try this and see if it resets the control board and let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel, have just tried the reset, but it immediately shows a symbol of wavy lines with a x over them and 1/2 to the right of them. You can press the program button and it cycles the the programs plus A1 , 2 and 3 ?. It them shows 62 on the left side of the panel !

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if its not resetting the control unit then its usually down to a faulty control board itself.

So there isn't much else you can do to reset it its a case of replacing the board now im afraid.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thought that might be the case, and as some people carry them in stock, it seems to point to it.

Kind regards Pete