Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697
Appliance

I have a bosch avantixx 7 washing machine and it wont drain

I have a bosch avantixx... Show More
I have a bosch avantixx 7 washing machine and it won't drain out the water. I've cleaned the filter and checked the waste pipe and both are clear. The pump spins and sounds like it's working but obviously not clearing the water so it won't spin could it be blocked somewhere else?
Show Less
replied 3 years ago.

Ok if the pump is running but not draining the water out then its blocked somewere.

Does the drain hose go under a sink?

If so remove the spigot it pushes onto and make sure that's all clear.

Hang the hose into a bucket and see if it drains the water out there.

If that's still not draining out then you need to remove the pump itself and from there you will see a black hose going from the tub to the pump. Remove this hose and you will find the blockage will be in there.

As when you get a blockage it can only be in the drain hose, pump or the sump hose. So check that sump hose and fingers crossed that will cure it.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

How do I get to the pump?

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 years ago.

Pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and then you can lay down and look under the washer and access the pump from there.

Fingers crossed you don have a sealed bottom. If the bottom of the washer is sealed let me know and you need to remove the front panel.

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Theee doesn't appear to be any blockages anyway could it be tbe pump itself isn't working properly?

Ok if theres no blockage at all in there and its still no draining then its probberly the pump at fault.