Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

How do i replace the pin in the telescopic tube of my K1 seebo

Customer Question

How do i replace the pin in the telescopic tube of my K1 seebo vacuum
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

Question; which pin are you referring too? Please advise ... Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You needed more info to answer my question. The small steel pin on my telescopic tube is the means whereby you can fix the level/length of tub you need .without the pin the tube just slides freely up and down the full length

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for getting back. To replace the pin, the plastic cover slides off. It will take a little bit of effort, but it will come off. Once you have remove the cover, everything is right there, and you can see how it goes together. Upon replacing the part, replace the cover back and it will hold everything together. I believe it will tell you in the manual as well. If you have any other questions, please ask. I wish you the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have taken off the plastic cover but I cant see exactly how the pin goes back.

Cay you help?

Patricia

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Hi Patricia,

Ok, if you take the tube and look at it straight on, you should see a little metal tab ... from there with a small screwdriver, reach in there and push it straight out. (It doesn't mater which way) There the part with the spring will come out and then you can use your hands. Remove the spring, the square metal piece, and replace everything. If you have any questions, please ask. I wish you the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry to be so stupid, Gary. I have now done all you say but having taken out the metal tab and the part with the spring, I cant see where to place the pin itself before reassembling everything. Does it go under all this - but although there is a slit. it just falls through it.

Patricia

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Hi Patricia,

First thing first; no you aren't stupid ... It is an honer to be able to help you out. This is why we are here, and it's very daring of you to step outside your element to take on a project like this. It shows courage on your part, and more-so intelligent. As Einstein said - "It's not how much knowledge you have, it's knowing where to go to get it."

OK, there are two different versions that Sebo put out on these telescope vacuums. Please read through these and by looking at what you have, you should be able to figure it out. And if you still have questions, please come back and ask.

1] Assembly instruction to the exchange of the sliding mechanism with not-locking telescope pipe 6271gs. If the telescope pipe does not lock any longer, that locking pin is no longer present in the sliding button must again be used.

A- For this in slotted bolt turners (aka- small screwdriver) are needed and in locking pin.
B- Remove the plastic slide cap by prying it upwards between the tube and cap.
C- With the screwdriver, on the side of the "Slide frame" in the middle you will see a knotch ... Carefully place the tip of the screwdriver and push through to release the retaining key.
D- Once the locking key is removed, take out the plactic pin release.
E- Under the plastic pin release, in the middle, is the telescope retaining pin holder. Remove broken pin, and replace with new replacement.
F- Upon replacement of pin, reassemble by placing the plastic spring cap, retaining pin and cover.

*** Second direction ****
Assembly instruction to the exchange of the sliding mechanism with not-locking telescope pipe 6237ER

A-For this you will need a small screw driver, and (2) Arretierungshakens (replacement parts)
C- Carefuly remove the retention spring in the center (middle) Please be careful because the spring is under some pressure and could pop out.
D- With the screwdriver, from the outside edge (Long ways) use the screwdriver to pry downwards the plastic tabs so you can remove it from the center of the slide rail.
E- Upon replacement of both tabs, reassemble by replacing the spring and cover.

Ok, well you though you had it tough, this was all written in German. I haven't found an english translated one yet. If I had to guess, you have the top one. So yes the pin goes under it all. Again if you have any other questions, please ask. Let me know how you did. I wish you the best.

Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience: 25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks Gary.

Patricia

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Hi Patricia,

You are most welcome. I'm glad everything worked out for you and in the future if you need some more help and ready to take on another challenge, do come back.

Truly wish you the best.

Gary