Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have a Candy oven FDP231 the main oven heating element is

I have a Candy oven FDP231 the main oven heating element is not working. The fan is ok and so is the small oven
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
When you try using the oven, the fan runs inside the oven, does the temperature indicator on the front come on?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for that.

There's a few versions of the model number you posted, I'll advise on the most common one.

There's a circular element behind a panel and it's near certain it has failed and will need replacing.

Isolate the power to the appliance. Disconnect it from the electrical supply

As the temperature light comes on and there is no heat, it strongly suggests this element is at fault.

The method of changing will depend on the element fitted at the time of manufacture.

There are 2 types, one is held from the front by screws, the other is held from the rear by nuts.

If the interior light is on the rear panel, take the light glass off first.

Take the rear panel inside the oven out.

This will reveal the element and the fan.

Take the screws holding the element in place out.

Bring the element and the wiring into the oven cavity.

(Be careful not to pull the wires off as you manoeuvre the element into the cavity, if you do, you'll need to take the cooker out, rear panel off to be able to retrieve the wires. Don't try the machine if you have lost a wire, retrieve it first).

Swap the wiring on to the new element.
Fit the element in place and replace the cover.

Turn the power back on and set the clock.

Try the oven again.

If there are no screws holding the element in place, take the cooker out and take the rear cover off.

You can now access the wiring and the nuts holding the element in place.

If the element tests ok, let me know.

Obviously, if you cannot do this work yourself, you'll need to call someone in to do it for you.

Hope this helps
Let me know how it goes or if you need more help