How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gary Your Own Question
Gary, Handyman
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 246
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Gary is online now

Hello,We had a Bosch induction hob and hood fitted by a

Customer Question

Hello, We had a Bosch induction hob and hood fitted by a supposed expert kitchen fitter. He clearly had little idea, especially when it came to these Bosch appliances. We are looking for some local Bosch expertise to determine what to do for the best. The extractor is too noisy to use as result of him using the wrong diameter pipe and extracting across a distance in the roof. We are thinking of extracting internally, but he has taken the internal extractor hose for his own use! Please advise? Tony XXXX

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi Tony and thank you for using Just Answer.

Gary :

First off, I'm sorry about the trouble you are going through. In your case a second opinion is warranted. I would call an independent appliance repair man and have him come out. Now he may charge you, but you can get this fee back from the original installer if he is independent, or the store is the store had him come out to perform the work.

Gary :

Some names that come up are; A&R Domestic Appliance Repair; GC Bennett Electrical Service; Oakley Domestic Appliance Repair; Hughes; Dolphin Appliance Care; and Ely Electrical And Plumbing. Now not knowing which came out to do the install if any, but common sense will tell you not to call them. Also it will not do you any good to bash the person/company that did this install to the other service center either. In short they don't want to hear about it. When calling, just explain what is wrong, ie.extractor is too noisy ... and have then come out for a look. Do not say anything more than needed because if you want a true review, then this person has to find it by themselves. If the installation is wrong, let him tell you, and what it will take to repair the problem. After that it would be up to you to do one of two things ... 1] have that person take care of it right there, pay for it and then go after in original installer or 2] proceed to the original installer with a list of what's wrong and have them come back and do it right, and then have him pay you back for the second opinion. If this original service installer is creditable, they'll take care of it and pay for everything.

Gary :

I wish there could be more to offer you, but you just went off line when I got here. However if you have any questions, please ask. I wish you the best.

Related Appliance Questions