canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

We have a Bosch dishwasher that has started to make extra noise

We have a Bosch dishwasher that has started to make extra noise when water goes through the sprayers. Loaded and unloaded
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. What kind of noise are you getting? Whirring, squealing or clunking?

Customer:

whirring

Customer:

It sounds like the water jet hitting something

canuck the pro :

There is likely something jammed in the impeller of the pump. If you remove the filter under the filter you can access the pump. Check for debris and restriction there and also turn the impeller wheel. If there is resistance and the impeller wheel does not turn easily then the pump is starting to fail.

Customer:

done that

canuck the pro :

So did you find anything? Impeller turned freely? No debris? Is the noise all the time or when the pump is running?

Customer:

everything clear, the noise is when the water is spraying, not on discharge

canuck the pro :

Alright, the issue would very likely be on the water inlet then. If there is a restriction there that would do what you describe. If you remove the water valve there is a screen there that is likely collecting debris.

Customer:

OK, I'll try that, thank you

canuck the pro :

You are very welcome. Glad to help.