Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I have Haier washer/dryer HWD-C1200TXVE-U the program dial

I have Haier washer/dryer HWD-C1200TXVE-U the program dial does not change mode, stuck on dry,I know about "lock" delay & start buttons but that won't help.Any ideas?
Pete.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi Pete,

Gary :

And thank you for using Just Answer

Gary :

Question; when you say the dial is stuck, are you saying it is not advancing? Is it only in the dryer mode? If you can break it down for me in more detail it would be most helpful so I can understand what your machine is doing. Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when machine is turned on the program dial rotates but the ***** *****ght stays light on dry mode only, so cannot select any other cycle.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Is there any kind of an error code that shows or comes up? As this happens; is your dryer getting warm? Or had it and then cooled but still tumbles? Does it shut down? Please advise Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there are no error codes.when machine is turns on only dryer mode is light amber and cannot be changed.1.00 (hour) shows on screen.I have ran thru this cycle,everthing warmsup and dries normal thru this cycle.I then isolated from mains for a few mins, but when turned back on still in dry mode amber on an dial rotation does nothing to change mode.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
Hi Pete,

Well, I'm afraid that this looking towards your control board. Everything is working like it should, but for some reason as you say it's stuck. In short ... it's confused as what to do. Normally when one of the sensors goes out, the washer/dryer will put its self in safe mode and or shut down. Yours isn't doing that as well as not kicking out a code either. This is one of those problems that you can not put a finger on it. Everything is "working" per-say as far was your machine is thinking ... however the timer unit of the dryer part isn't advancing and to no-ones surprise it's not being monitored thus the dryer is going about it's business like it should.

This type of problem is a fluke ... it hardly happens and isn't written up. If you are handy, you can change this out yourself. The part number from partmaster.co.uk is "HWD-C1200TXVE-U PCB" it sells for 104.99 which is rather cheap considering.

If you have any other questions, please ask. Also if you go to this site, it has a complete diagram of your machine so you can see how it comes apart. I wish you the best.