Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have a teka dw6 59 f1 dishwasher which has stopped heating

Customer Question

I have a teka dw6 59 f1 dishwasher which has stopped heating the water. The heater shows approx. 28 ohms element resistance but has no voltage evident during the start of the wash cycle. I believe there is a cut out somewhere in the circuit between the heater and the control unit in the door. Can you tell me where to look for it and is it possible to get a circuit diagram for the dishwasher?
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer.

Gary :

You can find an exploded view of your machine on --- partmaster.co.uk --- Enter the model number and click on which part of the machine you want to see. Per your problem, I don't believe there is a cut between the circuit board and the element. The amount of OHMs you stated, it looks as if the element is faulty. On the average, the element should OHM out between 10 to 25. Some say between 15 to 30. In either case, it should be replaced

Gary :

If you have any questions, please ask. I wish you the best.

JACUSTOMER-hgmrv791- :

The resistance reading works out as about 2.1kW with UK mains supply which is reasonable for the machine spec. I am not getting any applied voltage at the heater which suggests the fault is not in the heater but in the supply wiring to it. Parts listed on various websites do include an overheat cutout for the model. I am hampered with physical access hence my question.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
No response regarding availability of CIRCUIT DIAGRAM and little point changing heater if it is not getting power to energise it. An exploded parts diagram is not a circuit diagram
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
As you have relisted and Gary is offline, I've jumped in to try and help you.

The circuit diagrams are at partmaster as well as the exploded parts views.
There are 3 versions of the machine so you need to choose the correct one.

However, you need to check the pressure switch as the heater feed passes through it, the wiring (normally breaks in the door where it passes to the base) and finally the main board. (Heater relay burned out tracks or dry joints)

The element is fine if you measured across the plug pins (there's a built in safety stat on the heater).

If you have trouble getting the wiring diagrams, let me know and I'll upload them for you. I will need all the details from the rating label though to ensure I get the correct drawings.

Hope this helps
Let me know what you find or if you need more help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for jumping in but before your reply came in I had already traced the wires and removed the printed circuit board where I found a dry joint on the connection to the blade terminal serving the heater. Having soldered it and run on test the machine is back to normal service.

Sorry to say I do not rate the service since without other knowledge I could have spent money on an unnecessary heater without any result.

I suggest Gary ought to be given more training on electrical circuits and systems.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for letting me know.
Glad you got to the fault and got the machine working again.

Good to see that I was also correct on the dry/burned joints.

Good luck with the appliance.