Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Hello. The drum in my Bosch Exxcel Maxx Freedom washer dryer

Hello. The drum in my Bosch Exxcel Maxx Freedom washer dryer is collecting water. We tried putting the spin on dryer but that didn't work. What is the solution?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Can you post the E-Nr number of the appliance please?

Can you explain the problem some more?
Do you mean the machine fails to drain water?
Does it do this on the wash or only on the dryer function?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I set it on wash and then set it on dry. The drum would not drain the water. There is currently a small pool of water inside the drum. This is the first time this has happened.

I cannot find the E-Nr number because the label inside the machine has faded. All I see is this: Type WWD4. This is what it looks like:Washer Dryer Bosch Freedom Maxx

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

If you put the machine on spin, does it empty?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I should have mentioned one more thing: the middle compartment where you're meant to put the powder fills up with water too or perhaps it's residue from the powder. Is it possible we are putting the detergent in the wrong compartment? We are renting here and don't have the manual so I cannot verify myself if I'm using the right compartment for detergent.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, that's a separate fault.
If you can answer the question I asked, I can help on the original fault first, then we'll deal with the new fault you've posted.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I tried the spin and indeed yes it did empty. Thank you for that advice.

Is there another £20 charge for the separate fault question?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
No, it's all included.

If you open the drawer, you'll see the compartments are marked I, II and III

Which compartment is blocked?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no III. There is a I and a II and the middle one has the drawing of a flower or a fan on it. This middle one is the one that fills up with water. We have used paper towels to soak up the water as it is not a huge amount. But I wonder why this happens and if it perhaps means we are either placing the washing detergent in the wrong compartment or maybe placing too much powder.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Take the drawer out.
That's the conditioner compartment and the syphon is blocked.

Once you get the drawer out, take the cover over the compartment off.
You'll see it has a tube that fits over another tube in the drawer.
Clean the tubes thoroughly and clean the drawer.

Refit and try the machine again.
It should now syphon the water/conditioner out at the end of the final rinse.

II is for the wash powder.
I is for the pre wash powder if you are doing a pre wash.

Hope this helps
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK