Jon
Jon, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with over 12 years experience.
60802242

My Whirlpool TXT M6 Mod 456/1X just died. Pulled out oven,

Customer Question

My Whirlpool TXT M6 Mod 456/1X just died. Pulled out oven, checked Elec supply- OK. Checked fuse OK. What next??
Expert:  Jon replied 3 years ago.

Jon : If power is ok and fuse is ok too then the next step is to check the main cut off fuse in theback of the oven.
Jon : there is a fuse or thermostat that acts as a fuse, usually located intheback of the machine, that will act as a fuse on your main panel box.
Jon : if there is any kind of surge or power interruption Thenthat fuse will usually go first.
Jon : And to check it youhave to do so with a meter. Set meter to continuity and make sure the machine is powered off or unplugged and pull the two wires fromthe fuse and put the meter leads onthe tstat and check the continuity of the fuse.
Jon : if there is continuity thenthe fuse is good. If not, then it needs to be replaced.
Jon : now if the tstat is good and oven control will not evenlight up or works tall thenyou would next have to check the wiring and the control board. If the wiring looks good and not damaged at all then you have a bad control board.
Jon : thats about all you cando for now so runthose checks and get back to me here if you need more help or have more questions and I will help you more. And if you need parts info I cantry to help you gethemthe apply as well.
Jon : if you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat with ok service or better rating below this chat. And please remember that if you have more questions after positively rating me you can always come back here at any time and ask any questions you need to and I will help you more for no additional charge.
Jon : thanks again.