Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi there I have a hotpoint Aquarius wf101 Washer does not

Hi there I have a hotpoint Aquarius wf101
Washer does not start, when turned on the I hear the lock click then the wash light comes on but no door light on and nothing happens, I have replaced the door lock part already
Please any ideas
Many thabks
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer/ Pearl.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and we need information in order to be able to
help you solve your difficulties. The more information you give us the quicker we can help.
May I have the full model #?

Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
WF101p
Hotpoint Aquarius
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hotpoint Aquarius WF101P
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Barry,
do you have a meter for testing?
This could be a bad wire but unfortunately this is a sign of a bad main control board.
Can help you troubleshoot this if you have the tools and equipment but its most likely in need of a new main board.
Did you need a source for that?
99 % of the time this failure is a a bad main board.
I will stick with you until this is fixed and help anyway I can with tech questions on it its pretty easy to do, but since since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Barry and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok also why I have been waiting for you the door light has started to flash with the wash light on does this grange anything ?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Yes Barry the board will do strange things when its failing.
Its definitely the board at fault. Been a service tech for over 30 years lol.
Please rate kindly at this time so we dont risk a time out on your question, it wont cost you anything further ;-)
Tech Michael