Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

my hoover washer/dryer control panel is stuck on drying and

Customer Question

my hoover washer/dryer control panel is stuck on drying and it wont let me change the program. Please help!
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi and thank you for using Just Answer. I need the model number of your unit. Also I'm going to switch this to Q&A se we can have more time to work on your problem. Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi! It's Wdyn 9666pg. I took a picture I can mail you of what's going on if that's easier?

Kerry
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the kind thought, but it won't be necessary. Can you tell me if an error code showed up?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nope. It's stuck on the drying cycle and when I push any of the other buttons they do not work. It's a new machine and this has been tricky from the beginning.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Hi Kerry,

Tell you what ... since this is a new machine, don't mess around with it. It's guaranteed for one year and take advantage of it. Here's the deal ... Hoover as well as other companies they have one manufacture building their machines. Basically, all the machines today are the same, however the difference is - is in the face, and the brand name. Same goes with the low end appliances. Any ways, the manufacture buys all parts by the boat load from china. This being said and the saying goes today "just because it's new doesn't mean anything" is true. You very well may have a machine with a bad programming board. This is far to common.

When it comes to electrical anything either they work or they don't .. period. Since you been having undo problems since day one tells me you have a bad program board. These boards are touchy as it is. In order for your machine to work properly, it needs to receive information supplied by the machine as it goes through the cycles. In your case it's not doing that. Henceforth it's stuck. If you can try to cancel out the program to open the door. You might need to unplug it for ten minutes for the memory to clear. I understand it's not what you want to hear, and for that I'm sorry. It is better to get on top of it now before it becomes to late.

Please don't misunderstand me, Hoover is a good brand name and they do stand by their products. In my field, we see this a lot and it's called "the nature of the beast". You can call then directly at 08444 995 599 to have one of their service man come out. Please make sure you write down everything you been dealing with on this machine from day one. Even the littlest items. This is how companies gather information on their products. When they come out and repair, get a copy of what they had done and keep it. When something else happens, call them again if it goes outside of their trouble shooting list in the manual.

Earlier this week I just helped a lady who has been having problems with her appliance since day one. It was 2 month out from coverage and she figured she had to eat the repair cost. Since she had documentation from day one, the manufacture extended her guarantee to cover the repair. So there you go ...

If you have any other questions, please ask. We are here to help, and if I can't do it I do not have a problem to get you someone else who can. I do wish you the best.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks. I was really trying to avoid having someone come because it's going to be 2 weeks! :( Now how does this work? Since you weren't able to help me fix it what is the fair amount to pay you for your time?

Kerry
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Hi Kerry,

Well you have two choices ... You can wait for the service man to come and fix it free of charge or 2} we can continue but I must warn you that when you start working on your machine, under the purchase agreement you will void the guarantee completely, and all parts you will have to pay for. These machines like other has "seal tape" and when you claim warantee and they come out and find the seal broke, they will stop right there and not do anything. This choice is yours and I cannot advise you which direction to go in.

As for payment ... that too I can not tell you what to do. It is against Just Answer policy for me to say anything. If you think the deposit is unfair because of my answer, then the only thing I can suggest is go to the site moderator and inform them. Between the both of you I'm sure you will come to an agreeable amount. I wish you the best.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I would like to help you, but I need one piece of information.
How old is the unit?
I will tell you the problem is likely a sensor.