Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Belling 60 cm single gas oven. Brand new [1 day] the burner

Customer Question

Belling 60 cm single gas oven. Brand new [1 day] the burner lights OK after about 10 minutes the flame appears to smother, it lifts off looking like a mini version of the northern lights and will eventually extinguishes. If the door is opened the flame settles down. I have checked the ventilation and gas pressure both as per installation manual. I have removed the appliance from the housing and run it completely surrounded by fresh air. What have I done wrong, Belling can't help, the engineer is 2 weeks away, suggestions please. Best regards ***** *****
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I an sorry you have this issue, you will need a tech to do this for you . Its just an adjustment of the gas to fix this.
I will stick with you in case of anything but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by an adjustment of the gas, the flame profile when the oven is lit and when the door is oven is perfect.

The burner appears to run out of air or the waste gases are not being evacuated.

The input gas pressure is 20mb what other adjustments are there. This a BRAND NEW APPLIANCE my customer wants to use it. She doesn't want to wait weeks if this is something simple.

Is it possible that a flue or something like that is blocked.

Best Regards PAUL GREENE

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Paul, there is a jet internal that controls how the unit will burn.
I have installed many of these and have seen this many times.
I really need you to know, that all you need to do is call the manufacturer or installer, they will fix this at no additional cost.
I am here only to help, I have been an appliance tech for over 3 years.
I will be here if you need me further.
if you have tools and some gas repair experience you could fix this yourself, but it would be dangerous for you to do this if you arent sure.
please let me know.
Tech Michael