Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322
Appliance

how do i clear a F12 fault code on my Hotpoint Aquarius washing

machine?
replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
It won't clear until the fault has been rectified, then it will clear on it's own.

F12 indicates the main board at the bottom rear and the display board in the facia are not communicating.

The wiring between them needs to be tested and if all is well you'll likely end up replacing the main board and possibly the display board too.

How are your diy skills?
Would you be able to test the wiring?

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

I told you the wrong machine model, sorry!! It's a Hotpoint Ultima WMD960, would this be the same result? My DIY skills are ok? my brother is an electrician, what would he need to do?

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

I told you the wrong machine model, sorry!! It's a Hotpoint Ultima WMD960, would this be the same result? My DIY skills are ok? my brother is an electrician, what would he need to do? my machine is now saying F09??

Techdesk, Service Engineer replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry for the delay, been out working.

For F12, exactly the same.
Test the wiring is ok, if it is, then it's board faults.

For F09, unplug the appliance, wait 10 minutes, plug in again and see if F09 clears.

F09 indicates a fault in the software on the main board.

Hope this helps