Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Can my Bosch double built-in electric oven be repaired? When

Can my Bosch double built-in electric oven be repaired? When the oven is switched on, it constantly fuses unless the temperature is turned up very slowly. Very frustrating!
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer/ Pearl.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and we need information in order to be able to
help you solve your difficulties. The more information you give us the quicker we can help.
May I have the full model #?
Also how old is the oven?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm afraid we cannot give you the model number as it is a built in appliance that came with the house when we moved in. It is a bosch with a grill /oven on top with a clock and three dials between the grill/oven and the main oven underneath. Must be at least 5 years old.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rich, the model # ***** be somewhere on the inner door lip.
It can be fixed but we will need to model # ***** help you.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cannot see any model number. However there is a small metal plaque which has the following etched on it: E-NR HBN9151GB/Q6; FD 8109; B-AP56-8; ********** I hope this helps.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rich that will work.
Please explain fuses?
Not sure what you mean there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A circuit trips on the fuse box and has to be reset. This happens when the oven temperature dial is raised by more than twenty degrees or raised and then dropped but not immediately as the circuit may trip after a few minutes. Our main question is can the oven be fixed by a new thermostat? >>>I may take more than 2 hours to reply to your next communication as I have to go out but I will reply.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rich yes this sounds like a classic issue of a bad T-Stat.
I can help you locate that part, but please don't remove any wires from the old T-Stat until we are ready to make the repair. it could turn an easy job into trouble because sometimes the mew part will be slightly different in its wiring.
I will stick with you until this is repaired completely but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Rich ;-)
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.