Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Why can I not open door ar end of wash cycle?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that,
How old is your washer?
Also may I have the full model #?
you can try one thing unplug the washer for 5 full minutes, then try it again, this probably wont work but it sometimes will.
Please let me know what happens.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2 yrs old

Model is: Bosch classixx 7 vario perfect WAE24368GB ********* /p>

I have tried re-booting it but it did not work.

I'll try again

I turned it off at plug for 6 minutes but door still wont open.

I think it is 'loocked' but I don't know how

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
the technician advised me to turn off machine which 'i did but that did not work - door still wont open
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Jean, this is a failed door lock mechanism.
That part will need to be replaced to get the washer operational again.
I can help you locate the part and make the replacement if you need as well.
Do you get any error messages?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what error messages I dont know what you mean

How much would it cost for part and replacement?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

please answer

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jean on your display, is there anything flashing, that would be an error. Are you planning to do this repair yourself, or have an appliance tech do this for you?
Then I can help you better with cost.
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for answering. Yes the key on its side is flashing but it also says 13 as if there are 13 minutes left but it will not finish a cycle which was finished anyway.

No I cannot repair it myself, I am an OAP and my husband is disabled. I just managed to turn off the power but could not pull out the plug.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jean, please try this,
Power on, press the start button for 5 or 6 seconds, the sign will go off. Try the door gently.
If that works, please rate me kindly if not dont rate yet just reply for more information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Michael, yes that has worked. I held the start button and after 2 minutes the key sign went off then after the six minutes I turned it off but the door still would not open but I turned it on again and it showed 1.37 minutes, so i am letting the wash cycle run and hope that when it has ended the door will open.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thats Great!
Please rate kindly at this time.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael I rate you highly for getting the machine going again, but I shall have to wait another hour or so until the cycle ends to see if the door will open. Then of course I shall rate you. But I have to go out now to a hospital, so What shall I do? Will i be able to get back to you if i close now?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi you can simply respond to this message to rate my service to you have a great day Jean. Also I am sure the machine is fine now, sometimes that happens with those, it just accidentally locked is all.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.