Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hoover 1600 sensor washer dryer optima wash system Problem

Customer Question

Hoover 1600 sensor washer dryer optima wash system
Problem - door won't open.
Set program it works no problem, door locked light illuminates. Program finishes door lock light goes out, in fact all lights go out. Wait minimum of two minutes, door won't open. Tried unplugging and leaving for a while still no joy.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Do you know the exact model number?

If this has a handle to release the door, does it feel the same as normal or is it loose and floppy?

Are you able to pull the machine out from under the worktop and remove the lid?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nextra 6 ????

Yes can pull it out
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anthony

Sorry, thats just a series of machines, never mind, we shouldbe able to sort it.

It sounds like the handle has broken.
Disconnect from the mains
Remove the lid and lean the machine back at 45 degrees
Look inside towards the door lock
You’ll see the latch sticking through the lock
Slide this across and the door will open
If the handle is broken, take photographs before you dismantle it to replace it, they are notoriously difficult to re assemble without a picture

If you need help with the spare, there should be a data plate in the door recess, let me have the model number from there.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model hnwl 7166

How do you release door?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model
MODEL HNWL 7166
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anthony

have you got the door open now?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, there doesn't appear to be any movable bits
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
l the latch of the door poking through the lock

OK
On some of these models there is a cover on the lock. This stops you see the latch.
If it has a box cover on the lock, you will need to snap the cover off, then youll see or feel the latch of the door poking through the lock

Rob
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Please go here, just click on the word in blue.

This is the lock. Enlarge the picture, then look at the 2nd picture, see the black cover, this has to come off.

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Got it mate, doormopen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Got it mate, door open
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi ANthony

Well done !!

If its the lock thats bad, you can order it from the link I sent you

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I tell if that's the problem?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
If the latch on the door, moves and operates as normal when you use the handle, the lock is faulty.

You can try it again, If it gest stuck again, you know how to release it.

If the handle feels loose or doesnt operate the latch, then the handle is broken. If this is the case, let me know and Ill look for the parts

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cheers mate
Thanks for your help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would appear to be the handle itself that's faulty. You can hear the lock operating, so it's defo the handle.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Please go here

This is the kit you need

Take the door of the hinge so you can lay it flat.
Lookm closely and photofgraph how the bits fit together BEFORE you take the handle parts off. Then re assemble as per the photos

All the best

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Once again thanks for your help. Top man.

Anthony
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anthony

Your welcome

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Rob,

Door mechanism delivered and fitted, result - happy wife

Many many thanks for your help and patience, very much appreciated.

Tony

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tony

Thanks for letting me know !

Glad that "She who must be obeyed" is once again happy !!

All the best

Rob