Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

Hi, I have a Pinguino PAC C110, its has been working fine,

Hi, I have a Pinguino PAC C110, it's has been working fine, I keep getting the LE after and hour or so and then water leaks out of the unit (I presume this is the ice falling out of the machine). The compressor appears to be running most of the time. The exhaust pipe feels warm as though it's expelling the air.

Any suggestion ?

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm OK to wait for an answer, let me know how you are doing in another 7 days

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using Just Answer;

The "LE" display you see is an "ice prevention" device installed by the company. When you see this it means that it has been triggered. Your unit will automatically start up again when the defrost process is completed ... thus is why you are seeing water. This is totally normal for this unit to do that. In short, either the room is to big for it to handle, or the humidity is higher than normal, in either case is why your unit is constantly running and working like it is. If the room you are cooling is with-in the size of this unit to handle, eventually it will reduce the humidity and start to maintain. If you use this machine on an "off and on" again cycle as needed you will always see this code on high humid days.

I wish you the best.
Gary, Handyman
Experience: 25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Gary,

First of all I will credit you for the “Fix” as no one really got close to the problem, I agree totally what you said in your reply, however my wife was getting rather irate about the pools of water soaking the carpet, also watching endless You Tube videos that failed as well. Here is what the problem was:

First of all the unit has run for several years with no issues or without having to be re-pressured or gassed.

The issue turned out to be the back panel where the exhaust connects (This had warped over time) and I guess the hot air was escaping to the intake so over time I decreased the temperature which caused ICE & LE),

I went to B&Q bought an aluminium angle length in the cabinet section for a few quid. Screwed this to the back so the back panel was flat again; put a small strip of polystyrene between the back and intake.

The following day about 6 o’clock I open all the windows and doors in the room so it could cool down.

Hey presto it all now working like brand new in fact I would say a lot better. I can email some pics if you want.

*****@******.***