Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Neff Fan oven with small oven/grill above. Although

I have a Neff Fan oven with small oven/grill above. Although the grill element heats up to thermo setting, it no longer glows red for grilling. Is that an element fault or a fault in the switching between oven/grill use. I would hate to spend £75 on a new element for nothing. Thanks.
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

There may be two seperate elements here.

Do you have the full model number please?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob There are two, One hidden, for use as an oven with rotary switch for Grill only or Oven. not sure if FD8005 is the mod no.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ron

Sorry, thats not the number.

OK, the element you can see is just the grill element, the other hidden one is for the oven.

If the element you see is heating up, then its not the element thats faulty, its going to be the control mechanism for the element

Rob

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob