Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

hi just got my first vw 2006 camper .it has a 2 burner smev

hi just got my first vw 2006 camper .it has a 2 burner smev .when I turn the knob I can hear gas but wont light ,I have turned knob until I hear gas and tried lighting with match but still wont light .does it the unit has not been used for long time .
kind regards
ken
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi if the gas hasnt reached the burners it wont light. Let me know if you smell the gas?
If not, turn the burners on low, then keep a flame at one of them until it lights that should work. The reason is air in the line, when that gets out the gas will be there ;-) But if you smell gas strong, turn them off and DO NOT TRY ANYTHING ELSE until you talk with me.
If this works, pleas rate kindly. If it doesn't light, please dont rate yet just reply to me for further instructions.
Thank you *****
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks it will light with a match. but if hold button in to light it nothing happens. does this work it off leisure battery ? ( which has a full charge ) the piz0 ing or am I doing it incorrect regards ken

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ken, I need a bit more information.
What exactly is the issue, the stove wont light I think, but you can hear the gas flowing? Is this correct. Please be detailed so I can help you fix this.
Thank you have a great day.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the gas is now flowing and it will light with a match and stay a light ..but when u turn gas button on and hold down for it spark to light . nothing happens . cant hear any sparking

ken

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi if you have electric connected and it wont spark you need a new spark module.
Any camper service center or RV shop will have this for you.
Please rate kindly.