Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a siemans microwave which is 7 years old, but NEVER

We have a siemans microwave which is 7 years old, but NEVER USED. It is built in to our kitchen units.The house is 6 years old so the wiring is OK.

The problem we have is that it is causing our RCD to trip out. We ahve had an electrician check out all the appliances and electic on the same circuit and it is 100% sure the microwave oven that is at fault.

Is it woth fixing?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
It could be an expensive repair I'm afraid.

You would need to find out which component is causing the fault.

Was it stored in a warm dry area or has it got damp?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your advice could have been given by an apprentice electrician, or a school leaver.

I could have asked anyone the same question and got the same answer. I am not completely in the dark when it comes to electrical problems, I was expecting from you an explanation of what could be wrong and the reasons why it is faulty.

For £18.00 your reply was day light robbery and pathetic.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
If you read my post you'll see it's a request for information and that I actually asked a question.

Given your response, I'll opt out of your question and leave you to it.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
May I have the full model # ***** the microwave?
Thank you for your patience!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

The model numbers on the panel are FD8710 & HF7260151.

It is unlikely that damp could be the problem as the micrwave is inbuilt into the ketchen units and is located above a Siemans oven.

We know the microwave is faulty because we had all other applinaces removed from their wall sockets and placed back one by one.All appliances worked and the only one which triped out the RCD was the microwave.

We also plugged in the microwave into another socket which ran off another circuit and again the RCD tripped out afer a couple of seconds.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi does the display clock etc come up?
Will that stay on or does it trip right away?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The LCD display come on (time 12.00hrs Factory default) then obviously goes out when the RCD trips out, after about 2 seconds.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi this is obviously a short in the main control board.
That part will need to be replaced, I can help there and also below is listed is the best place to get that part.
It is worth fixing and dampness didn't cause this.
Its a simple repair taking just a few basic hand tools.
I will stick with you until this is fixed but
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you *****

Sales
0844 9777 888

After sales
0333 4007 888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.