Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Hotpoint Dishwasher FDAL28 that keeps stopping part

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint Dishwasher FDAL28 that keeps stopping part way through programme with the following buttons flashing on/off + start/pause + drying. I have cleaned all filters and checked water inlet filter, I can hear water goes into the machine prior to the lights flashing - any suggestions as to how to fix this issue - thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer/ Pearl.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and we need information in order to be able to
help you solve your difficulties. The more information you give us the quicker we can help.
How long does it run, and also I need you to check to see if water actually is getting in.
And will it drain at all?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael

Plenty of water getting in and as there's none left when I open the machine its draining off well too. I just double checked and the cycle stops and the lights start flashing after 11 minutes.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Graham,
Thanks for that.
This sounds like a faulty float.
Please open the door and look on the floor of the dishwasher for a little pop up part that you can push down, it may be stuck or yours may not be visible as it may be in the sump part but we will get there.
Whats happening, is that its pumping out as fast as its filling.
I will help you with this repair all the way but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Graham;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael

I can't see the float in the floor - nor in the sump part where the food filters are. Presumably it wouldn't be under the wash cycle pump (the manual says not to touch that)! Any other suggestions?

Thanks Graham

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi if you don't have proper advice from a tech you shouldn't touch anything lol.
But I will help you, yous is inside the sump under the unit.
It most likely that you need to replace the float anyway, when the fail like this its best to change them out.
Please call this # for the part:
Tel:(+44) 01489 782492
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Michael I'll try and look under the filter area - assuming that's where the sump is!

Regards Graham

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thats where the sump is, it is in there, but it needs to come apart to get to it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll hunt down the right allen key and have a go. Thanks for your suggestions.

Graham

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
your very welcome;-)