Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My freezer has been working fine for 2 years now. Today, i

Customer Question

My freezer has been working fine for 2 years now. Today, i had a massive shop and really stuffed it. I noticed hours after that ice cream was soft. I went to bed and woke up now 3am and it is not working. i turned it off and switched it on, it only stays on for about 2minutes, making the normal noises and then it goes off, the light is still on but it is definitely not working.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Unfortunately the items in the freezer have stopped the vent and caused the evaporator to freeze up beyond what the heater can melt off. Either access the back of the freezer and melt the ice on the evaporator with a hair dryer or empty the freezer and defrost it leaving the door open and the freezer unplugged for 24 hours. Either way also be sure to move the items that are blocking the vent.

canuck the pro :

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?