Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I have a Maytag Fridge Freezer MSS20FBB14.although making

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Fridge Freezer MSS20FBB14. although making ice cubes, in fact it is full in the container, but when pressed the ice does not drop through. I emptied the container and left the ice maker off for a few days so it was completely empty and in case any ice had stick, fitted the new filter, turned it on again but still the ice does not drop through either full cube or crushed. There does not seem to be much in the way of a manual for this product. Looking at your site I see it says the ice container can be taken off. I didn't know this and so, having had it for two years, have never taken it off or know how to! Would appreciate your help xxxxxxxxx xxxx

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Gary :

Hi Kemp, and thank you for using Just Answer.

Gary :

Per your problem it could be any of these reasons ... Dispenser Actuator ... Auger Motor ... Dispenser Solenoid ... or the ice bucket auger. Not knowing what you hear or don't hear is hard for me to tell you what is wrong. It is good that your unit is still making ice, so this is why I narrowed it down to these four problems. I'm going to switch this to Q&A so if you have any other questions, please ask. Removing your ice container will not cure your problem. I wish you the best.

Gary :

Please accept my apologies, I noticed that "Mrs." didn't appear in front of your last name. I didn't want you to think I was rude ... goes to show that even here everything isn't perfect.